Friday, September 09, 2005

I know it's only Rock and Roll....but I like it!!!!

Last night has got to rank in the top 10 nights ever! I got to see the Rolling Stones LIVE! I was about 25 feet away from them too. Now that is not how the night started. You see, Matt and I met his friend and his friend's gf at Major Goolsbys (for those of you who don't know what that is, they have really good food) and then walked over to the Bradley Center. Matt and I both got a t-shirt (I mean, how often do you see the STONES????) and then found our seats. Well, we were in section 411--that pretty much means you go as high as you possibly can and then it was dead straight on to the stage. So we were the farthest away from the stage that you could possibly get. I couldn't even see what color clothes the people on stage had on. I was a little upset that our seats were so shitty and we paid so much money for them.

So we got through the opening act of Buddy Guy (he was actually pretty good!) and then were sitting waiting for the Stones to come on. Matt's friend went to have a cigarrette and I saw this lady walking around talking to people. So I say to Matt, ask her what she's doing. He goes No, no, I don't want to know what she's doing. Well, then I see her with tickets and people are getting up and walking away. So I told Matt to grab her. She comes by us and says "do you guys want to move seats?" Of course, I say, "YES, where?" and she says down in section 218. She said they need faces right by the stage. So I asked if we would be able to see well and she says "you'll be able to feel their spit!"

So we go down to section 218 and sure shit we are right next to the stage!!!!! We were 7 rows up on the bottom section. Tickets for these seats were around $300!!!!!! We saw their backs a lot during the concert, but Mick Jagger doesn't stand still for more than 3 seconds so we could constantly see him and Keith Richards was all over the stage! It was a dream come true for Matt who has always loved the Stones. I have a new found respect for them and their music. It was absolutely wild! We had a great time and they played from 9-11:20 with no breaks. It was a night filled with their hits and only 3-4 of their new songs which was perfect. Keith Richards even sang two songs which was amazing!!! They are coming to Chicago next year and Matt and I already decided we were going!!!!

Oh yes and their oncore song was "I can't get no....Satisfaction!" For being in their 60s they still know how to Rock and Roll!!!!


AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY TO MY WONDERFUL MOTHER!!!! I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

No comments: