Friday, September 02, 2005

A day off!

Well, as much as I enjoy working...(sense the sarcasm!), I took a day off today and Monday is a paid holiday so I have a four day weekend. The thing that stinks is that Matt is working today and Monday. So I don't know what I'll do and with gas prices so high, I probably won't be going anywhere. I think I might start working on the blanket for my parents. I only have until December and as nice Jackie and Joce will remember it took me FOREVER to make the baby blanket for Felicity! Hopefully I will be practiced and go faster this time! I hope it turns out well!

On to other news...I was talking to my dad yesterday and of course the topic of gas prices came up. Seeing as my job requires the use of my car, it's a little frustrating when going to the pump and seeing how high the prices goes. I can't really complain though. I look at the pictures and reports from the Gulf and realize that these people lost EVERYTHING. It wasn't just that the city flooded or it's a horrible natural disaster, probably 1000s of people died and even more are left with nothing! I look around my apartment and see how lucky I am and what I have and I can't help but feel selfish for complaining about paying 3.29 a gallon. I'm just thankful for what I have. I think sometimes it's automatic to complain and not realize that things could always be worse! Well, that's my two cents for today. I think I will go take a nap now :-)

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the Labor Day! I am hoping that Matt and I at least do something over this weekend!

No comments: