Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fool's Day

No, this isn't an April's fool that I am blogging! I am actually here. These past couple weeks have been very busy and in some ways, the best I've had in a while.

I had a great, relaxing almost 5 days with my parents last week. I was able to relax, have a safe place to stay and feel loved at ALL times. It was amazing. I also managed to pick up a few things along the way.

I am the proud new owner of a PINK I-pod nano! I love it. I got that from my parents as a "cheer up" gift. I then picked myself up an I-pod player so I can play it in the house. I put it in my office so I can listen to music all day long. It's awesome. It even has a remote so when I get calls, I can pause the music and turn it on again right when I hang up :) Now that's my idea of a good plan!

My work bag was beginning to fall apart as well so I found a cute new black work bag at New York and Company. I had never shopped there before and let me tell you.....LOVE.IT. I also needed a new school bag and found a really cute light pink one at the Old Navy outlet.

This week had highs and lows. I don't talk about work on here for obvious reasons and because then my whole blog would be overtaken :) Let's just say that I am not having happy thoughts about my job and that it has been difficult to make it through the rest of the week.

I continue to love my internship at the hospital. I also met a very nice male at the hospital who wanted to go out on Friday, but I unfortunately fell asleep on the couch before he called and didn't hear the phone when he did. When I called to apologize on Saturday, he asked if we could do something this week. I, of course, said yes! It' just nice to have people to go and hang out with. He's a nice guy and knows the situation so definitely isn't expecting anything.

So, next weekend is Easter and the weekend after that, I am going to Chicago for the weekend! I am SO excited. I'm going with two friends. My supervisor at the hospital found a 4 star hotel that was having a HUGE sale on prices and was only $99 for the night! It is normally over $200 a night to stay there. I'll be sure to share pictures. I honestly can't wait. We're going to the House of Blues to see a concert that night and then will come back on Sunday. It'll be such a nice stress reliever as well. So I am pumped.

The weekend after the Chicago weekend is my BIRTHDAY. I will be 25! Quarter century club :) Alright, well I think this is long enough. Sorry it's been so long.

Have a great week. What's new with you guys????

7 comments:

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh my goodness! I have a pink nano too. Remember I got it a few weeks ago for my b-day! I can't imagine life without it now.

NY & Co. Girl, you have found my favorite place in the world. Their clothes are made for a real woman's body and their prices are okay too. Better yet, their sales are unbelievable.

Keep your chin up at work!

What kind of music do you have on your nano so far?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the iPod; I LOVE mine!

Anonymous said...

A group of girls in the city of Chicago . . . what fun! I'll bet that will put you in a great mood! Have fun!

Eimi said...

CONGRATULATIONS-- you will soon be a member of the 25 club! :p I joined last June. whee!

SO excited for you about the nano. I wanted one for ages and then finally got one. It got stolen 2 months later, but I replaced it with the newer bigger one. Now I watch it like a hawk! Your parents sound very nice and that was so sweet of them. Glad you had a fun trip.

It is always great to stay at nice hotels. ENJOY IT. FYI-- hotwire and priceline are GREAT places to get good deals on great hotels as long as you don't care which one you go to. It will tell you the star level and give a price and a general area. It is fabulous!

Heather said...

Yay on the ipod! They are so much fun!

I'm glad you had a good visit with your parents. :)

Chicago sounds like so much fun!!

Carmen said...

I'm so glad that you had a nice, relaxing time with your parents. And welcome to the iPod cult. I love mine. I'm waiting for the new ipod video to be released so I can rush out and get it. ;)

Jobs suck. Nuf said about that.

Chicago! I've never been there. I hope you have a great time.

And happy advanced birthday!

ShellyAnn said...

Happy Early Birthday!