Thursday, April 12, 2007

"The one where she freaks out"

So I get home from class last night (very happy after a good presentation and getting out 1 hour early!) to see a note in my door. Now this is slightly odd as my outside of the apartment is locked and the only people who put things on my door are the maintenance men.

Anyway, so the note was from the city SHERIFF. Yes, you read that correctly. He was kindly letting the apartments know that one of the residents was arrested on WEAPONS CHARGES and that they believe he STASHED a SHOTGUN near one of the DUMPSTERS. Oh yes and if we had TAKEN the SHOTGUN on accident thinking it was DISPOSED of, we could turn it in and not get in trouble. Oh and by the way, the person is in CUSTODY. Chances that I freaked out about this: DEFINITELY!

I do NOT want to have people with weapons around my apartment. Especially living alone. Fricken wonderful is what I was thinking! So needless to say I believe I slept with one eye open.

No I am not naive enough to think that nobody has weapons. But honestly, do I need to see it in black and white on my door when I come home LATE and ALONE? No, I really don't think so. Ugh. I just LOVE living in a big city.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess you can never really know your neighbors. Who knows what happens behind closed doors. Stay safe!

Janet said...

Not knowing is better than knowing, that's my motto!

Heather said...

:( Yikes scary. I hope that they find the guy ok!

Eimi said...

Funny thing is, any area can turn into a "dangerous" area really fast. I live in a really nice condo community and last year, some dude went nuts and started shooting up his house. They blocked off all the roads and no one was allowed to leave for a couple hours. Tons of cops came and some special units team!! They took him in and found he had a whollllle ton of rifles. Whee!

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Out here in Redneckville a lot of people keep guns right out in the open. I don't. But, its just acceptable in the culture down here to do so.

They are scary though!

Carmen said...

At least they told you BEFORE someone got shot. Geesh, this world is one crazy place.