Monday, June 30, 2008

Dating in the world of single people

I have been the worst blogger lately. I have so much going on and so much I want to share and then I just get busy again. I was off last week on Thursday and Friday (a MUCH needed break from work) and I went to Country USA which is a country festival about 30 min. from my apartment. I had gone before and whether you like country music or not, many people just enjoy the tailgating, camping, and other things about the festival. It was a great time and the best part was I got to spend the weekend with my best friend who came!!!We definitely had some interesting experiences along the way, and we didn't want the weekend to end, but it was a great time! We went to see "Sex and the City" too and I didn't want the movie to end. I've heard some negative things about it, but I was really impressed how smooth of a transition from tv to a movie it was. It was great!

Prior to that weekend, I had gone to another Brewer game and had great seats. I saw my favorite player, Ryan Braun, stretching and warming up below, and went down to get some great shots. That was definitely fun and it was great to see him so close. I swear, we are getting married, he just doesn't know it yet!

So being single has its perks, and I will be the first one to say that, but sometimes it would be nice to have someone. Even just someone to call up and have come over to watch a movie or talk to on the phone for a while. I miss those parts. I miss the going out to dinner or a movie or just sitting around talking. I definitely feel I am ready to date again, I just haven't found anyone that I've felt like dating. I will admit that I am rarely home and when I am, I am too tired to do much of anything. I will also admit that I haven't really "put myself out there" to find anyone. I don't want a guy I meet at a bar. I haven't given up by any means, I'm just discouraged. I was talking with a friend/co-worker today who was talking about having tried internet dating. Now, I have absolutely nothing against anyone who does that, but it's just not for me. I would feel weird about it and just would never have the desire to do that. She gave up after meeting too many weird/creepy guys. So...Mr. Prince Charming I am sure is out there...but like a typical man, he is probably lost and too stubborn to ask for directions to even get to me!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like so much fun with your friend! :)

I'll tell Prince Charming to hurry it up for ya... ;)

Janet said...

I'm glad you had such a great time with your friend!

I saw a psychic Monday night and she told me to put myself out there, and recommended eharmony. No thanks!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I did eHarmony for awhile. I'm glad I did it, but I quickly learned I didn't particularly WANT to date anyone (and not just because I wasn't having much luck with eHarmony).

Less than a year later I met Ed. A year after that (July 2005), we started dating. We got married in April 2006. I was 31. He was 51. Neither of us had ever been married.

For what that's worth from someone who surfed over from the BlogHer headlines.

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oh my goodness! Your friend looks very similar to me. Even my hubby thought so when I showed him the picture. You know what they say...everyone has a twin. :)

Eimi said...

Glad you had fun!!

I am doing online dating because I don't meet guys any other ways... I have met some weirdos... and some just plain nice guys that weren't for me. But more importantly, I feel like I at least get out there a bit. But you have to feel comfortable with whatever you do... so maybe join a social group where you can meet people the old-fashioned way!

Carmen said...

Try meetup.com - it's not internet dating. It's a bunch of people who share interests and meet at a place to do things together. That's how I met my fella.