Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

It was a good Father's Day for me and my dad. I took him over some lunch from Qdoba and then we watched the Brewer game together. When my mom got home with my grandma from church and lunch, I gave him his Father's day gift. I told him it was too heavy to bring out of my car so I had him go out there with me. When he opened the backseat, there was an envelope with tickets to the 4th of July Milwaukee Brewer's game! He was very excited. So we will be attending that game and hoping they win!!!

My grandma is here until Wed (she got in on the 6th) so I've been trying to spend as much time as possible with her. She is very funny. She turned 82 on Saturday and we had a party. Instead of having a cake, my mom bought decorated cookies and since she loves baseball, she had a baseball cookie! She loved it. I have pictures I will have to post.

The family reunion went really well too. It was great to see so many members of my family! The day went by so fast and before I knew it, they were all leaving. I can't believe it's another Sunday night and the week will again start tomorrow. I will post pictures soon of the reunion and my grandma's birthday.

To all you fathers out there or to you who have fathers, I hope everyone had a great Father's day. I am very lucky to have the father that I do and today was a great day to remind him of how special he is to me!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great fathers day and weekend :)

Janet said...

Glad your Dad had a great day!

Carmen said...

family is so important, glad you've gotten some time with yours. :)