Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We interrupt our previously scheduled topic....

To Remember. Please take a minute today to remember the victims and survivors of 9/11. I know most people will post about this today and I don't want to make it flashy or over the top, but if you take a minute to read this, please take another minute to remember. Six years.

I remember that I was sleeping when the first plane hit. My dad came in to wake me up and said "a plane just hit the world trade center." I thought he may have been delusional. But I got up and went by the TV. Sure enough, the tower had been hit. That poor pilot, I thought. He must have lost control and had engine problems or had a heart attack.

Then the next plane hit. WHAT IS GOING ON? I yelled. My dad was in awe. We couldn't believe this was happening. We had family living near the world trade center. He watched most of it from his apartment window. Saw people jumping out of the WTC.

I had to drive to class that day. Forty minutes to get to campus. What a long forty minutes. The TVs all over campus had the news coverage on to keep students up to date on what was happening. The pentagon was hit. The plane in the field (what had gone wrong there?) It was all too much to be a coincidence.

So take a minute today to just remember....

No comments: