Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change We Can Believe In

No matter your political affiliation, today is a new day for America. As I sit here watching the inauguration of the 44th President of the United States, I am proud. When I was born, I am sure my parents never thought they would see an African American President while they were alive, let alone a woman running who got so close and a woman running for Vice President.
I am proud. I am proud of America for not looking at color, but looking at the content of character. For not only electing a man who has high dreams and hopes for our country, but for believing that change was needed.
His speech was moving, heartfelt, and truthful. I will not deny that he has a lot to live up to with his speeches and promises to the country. And I will not deny that the road will be long and difficult, but I have faith that President Obama and his team can do it.
This is the first inauguration I have ever cared to watch. From the crowds lined up at the National Mall well before the day's activities began, to the millions watching it live, today is a new day.

3 comments:

Heather said...

It sure was exciting :D

Carmen Shirkey Collins said...

It was a great day, wasn't it?

Janet said...

It was just amazing!