Tuesday, January 01, 2008

This is my year!

Hello 2008,

I have been waiting an entire year for you. Last year, when 2007 started, I swore that next year would be my year. Well, lo and behold, here you are. This is going to be my year. Although, I do have to pay my respect to 2007 because although it wasn't an easy year, I did accomplish quite a bit.

I lived by myself for the first time. Although that was not an easy feat, I actually enjoy it now and have a hard time staying at my parents' house for long periods (I'm used to having much more personal space!) I got my Master's degree. This was definitely not easy. I continued to work, go to school and attempt a personal life. I would say the personal life definitely suffered, but I accomplished my main goal of graduating.

I also made it through the day I was supposed to get married. I went to South Carolina and hid for 5 days, but I did it (without tears I might add!) I also moved. I now live back in my home town and just feel so much more at ease. I sleep better, and am all-around happier.

2008 is bringing a new apartment (on January 11th) and a new job (on January 3rd). This will be the first apartment I've gotten on my own and the new job is a new start. 2008 is the year that I've been waiting for. 2008 is the year of my new start, new outlook and new life. I will not forget what I've been through to get here, but I will make sure that this year goes better than last year!

So thank you 2008 for making it here just in time. I look forward to all of the things that are coming and for making this a wonderful year.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like it was a good year for learning to be independent :) Congrats on that :)

Janet said...

2008 can't help but be a better year for you :-)

Happy new Year!

Anonymous said...

This is going to be your year!! Good luck!

Eimi said...

I like this!! Very good letter. And let's all make 08 a good one!

Answer said...

I know that 2008 is going to be an awesome year for recent college grads